Monday, July 27

To recap

We've returned home from Colorado. I'm not sick anymore! (Tyler was sick with it though yesterday. STAY AWAY FROM US IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN HEALTHY!)

Eliot loved all the attention from Doobie and Grandma.


She's learned that trying to squeeze into things that are too small is WAY more fun. I wonder if she'll still feel that way when she's trying to squeeze into jeans that are way too small or a bathroom stall or shoes or...


When I got home, I felt the need to remake my mark on my house. These rugs are what transpired. A nice little outdoor rug and a few cans of spray paint makes for nice artistic expression.
One is actually going outside and the other is in the kitchen.
I'm glad that I'm back, but it took a few days for it to actually feel like my home. I was walking around thinking that whoever lives here decorates nicely but it didn't feel like mine.

When I'm with my parents, it's so easy to feel all comfy and free- like I did when I lived there. Yet, at the same time, I knew I was a visitor. It's a weird place, being grown up. You are your own and yet someone else's all at the same time. The old and the new. I sure liked having my mom take care of me!


5 comments:

Audrey said...

Okay, I love your new art work. I posted a like to your etsy site and I really want you to email me and let's plan a day when you can come over here and brainstorm some ideas for decorating with me. You always impress me!

Christian and Ryann Hulme said...

Hahahaha oh Eliot. Those pictures of her trying to squeeze into the strollers are so funny! She's so cute! I think we may just have to fly to Phoenix soon. I don't think Christian would object.

Chelsi Ritter said...

yeah, i know what you mean. try actually living with your parents (or in-laws, in my case) when you've got a kid. it's really weird! i feel like i should be helping out all the time, but at the same time i'm exhausted from watching aspen. i love your rug; that's such a great idea! did you think if the paint thing on your own?

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

You are so creative! I'm in love with those rugs. I didn't know I could love a rug until now. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Petertammenson said...

Oh Steph, your rugs are completely and utterly fab!! Love them love them! ...maybe you should etsy them....