Tuesday, April 28

25 is gone

Here I am 26. I doubt you will bring as many new things as 25
(a house, a cat, a child, a new body, friends, a new sister-in-law, lots of hair colors and cuts)
but I'm sure hoping you will be just as full of happiness. God willing, I've only completed a quarter of my life; I love the person that first quarter has made me.

And here's to you, first year of a whole lot more: May you bring more smiles and tears, hugs and kisses, milestones and memories.
And to those who know me during 26: May you enjoy me as much as I do ;)

FYI- my birthday was on Monday, April 27. My cute husband got me a dock for my ipod so I can stop listening to crappy music from the cable channels and an ice cream cake. Eliot gave me lots of milky kisses. Perhaps there is something lovely about the simplicity of a birthday once you're no longer a child.


6 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!! 26 was a hard one for me. All of the sudden I realized that my early 20s were gone and I couldn't really remember what happened with them... much less that I didnt feel like I had done much with my life!.. OK sorry this is a bummer sounding post! Im sure your year will be fabulous! We need to get together soon! :)

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday to you--youngster.

Hannah said...

Happy birthday!

Sarah Jayne said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a wonderful day. I realized this year that birthdays aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'm going to stop expecting them to be wonderful days and then maybe they will be!

ty and megs said...

happy birthday steph!

Robyn said...

Congratulations! You're 1/4 of your way through life! (Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes I get tired thinking I have so much life left to live. I'm ready for relaxation in paradise already!) :)