Tuesday, April 1

Yeah Right!

So Giada De Laurentiis recently gave birth to her daughter. Congrats for her but I am so disturbed by a couple of things.

*The announcement that Giada was expecting was shared on the Today show on November 5, 2007 (I happened to be watching on this day and was glad to hear about someone else who was expecting)

*She said she was due in early April. This means that at the time of her announcement, she would have been about 20 weeks along (5 months?)

*When she made her announcement she said, “I have to say I kind of understand how he’s been feeling, because the last four months, I’ve been feeling that way” (making reference to Matt Lauer's seasickness). She says that she's only four months along. How is she due in early April then?

*Her baby weighed only 5 lbs 3oz. That weight is typical of a 35 week fetus. Does this mean she delivered a whole month early?

I'm so distracted by the fact that she supposedly carried a baby full term and yet it only weighs 5 lbs. I feel like I'm being tricked! How is this possible?



2 comments:

Bethany said...

I was surprised to hear she had her baby, too! I bet she was able to con her doctor into inducing her early. Celebs get whatever they want. I hope her baby was healthy.

I was watching the today show that day, too. Isn't is cozy that we were watching the same thing at the same time? I've got chills.

Audrey said...

I actually would've been more shocked to hear that the baby came out weighing a normal weight. I mean, this woman is a chef??? Seriously? What's the saying, "Never trust a skinny chef?" Let's compare her to say Paula Deane or Emeril or even Rachel Ray looks like she at least has an athletic build. I don't think this lady eats at all, so why should her baby come out weighing even as much as it did?
Also, I was born on my due date weighing in at 5 lbs. 14 ounces. You'd certainly never guess that now.