Tuesday, November 3

And then it ENDED!!!

Remember when I woke up and the day was going really well? And then remember when it wasn't?

I was doing my stupid garage caulking project when Eliot came outside to join me. She quickly remembered that outside (in the front yard) there is a street where she loves to run. After stopping her attempts, I put her inside the car to keep her contained. She was happy as can be playing with the steering wheel and blinkers and lights. Then she found the horn. And found it again. And again. So she had to come out of the car. And then she was discovering all the fun things in the garage and it was okay because I was right there and I could watch her. Except that I watched her as the ladder fell on her and squashed her like a pancake. So I tended to the little one who wasn't too hurt and went to move the car into the garage because my stupid project that I was working on was just stupid and not worth it. So I sit down and go to start the car and it doesn't. Remember when I mentioned Eliot found the lights? Well she found the lights and killed the battery. So I have yet to figure out what I'm going to do about that. Good thing I don't have anywhere to go this afternoon.

And then I went to close the garage and it refused. It looked and me with its menacing flashing light and said, "too bad, sucker". With no logical reason that it wouldn't close, I disengaged it from the opener and just shut the door. I can figure that out later.

So things were going well today. And then it ended. So I'm done. Today can be considered a wash. Eliot's a mess from lunch and it's okay because we're now stuck in the house. Good thing we just got DVR and a huge ass TV because I'm going to be getting friendly with both of them... after I go take a nap.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Ugh! Some days you wonder why you bothered to get out of bed.

Sarah Jayne said...

Haha, lovely. Hmm..advice for a first marathon. The first thing is to make sure you have comfortable clothes--nothing that chaffs or makes irritating noises because you'll be listening to it for far too long. Second, make sure you lay out all your race things the night before so you're not scrambling to put your chip on your shoe and bib on your shirt the morning of...there are too many other important things to worry about--like making sure you poop, and poop enough!
As far as the race is concerned, start slow. Don't get sucked into the gauntlet of people who wear themselves out in the first 7 miles of the race. If you start right, you'll be passing those suckers and it will be wonderful. As far as training goes, I'm a firm believer in NOT running everyday. Let your body rest. The trick is to be in shape longer than just the 16 or 18 week training program and to train hard but rest hard too.
If I think of other things, I'll let you know. You'll kick butt! It's the most rewarding thing I've ever done besides giving birth to my babies.

ArizonaLewis said...

lol.
squashed pancake.
lol.

Annie said...

Oh man....some days just get worse and worse. Vegging out in front of the tv is such good therapy IMO! LOL