Wednesday, July 16

It's a Mystery

I magically received in the mail the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. There was no information as to who sent me this book but whoever you are- THANK YOU!

What a great book. I read How to Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber but most of his information starts for children three months old. So I was waiting, rather impatiently, for Eliot to reach the three month mark. Enter new book. This new book helps me know what to do right now! It even breaks down three different methods to get her to sleep. I feel like I have new resolve and hope. She's even fallen asleep on her own! I didn't know she would do this. I just assumed that I'd have to rock her to sleep. I was wrong. Yea!

Again, thank you whoever you are. What a great surprise!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Shauni sent me that book when I had Doug. Maybe it was from her.

That book saved my life too! Most importantly, it gave me the courage to let Doug cry it out (when the time was right).

I'm glad you posted about that cause I was contimplating getting it for you. I have another idea, though. When I get my act together...

Sarah Jayne said...

I'm glad you liked the book! I didn't mean for it to be a secret...I thought somehow my name would be somewhere in the packaging!
This book totally saved our lives and I seriously think that this is why Jonah is such a good baby. People are always complimenting me on how calm he is and how he'll just sit in the cart or stroller while we're shopping and he's always happy. It's because he SLEEPS!! I have used this book non-stop and it is seriously great.
Every time I hear about people who have a 6 month old that still wakes up 3-4 tims a night I just cringe because I don't know how they do it! Anyway, don't give up on its methods even if its hard...it pays off in the end!!!

Love you!!