Wednesday, June 25

Two Weeks Old


Eliot is two weeks old. It's weird to think she's still so new. It's like she's been here all along. We went to the pediatrican today. She has grown two inches (21") and gained a pound and a half (8lbs 14oz). I guess she's a good eater because the doctor said that typically the first week is spent losing weight and the second is spent gaining it back. For our little girl the two weeks were spent packing on the pounds :)


She'll sleep about three hours at a time. It's amazing how that I can function on such disrupted sleep. Last night, I did fall asleep while sitting up. That was a first for me. I must be pretty tired. I love it though. She's such a doll.

4 comments:

The Busby Family said...

Adorable! She is so cute. I fell asleep sitting up all the time with Lincoln and Sawyer. i would always be so mad because I could have slept so much better if I had put him down. Especially since Sawyer would be up at 1, 3, 5 and then when I finally put him down at 5:45 after feeding him, Lincoln would wake up. But that's what great moms are for. To be awake during the day while you sleep. I hope you have some help. Eliot is so adorable.

Sarah Jayne said...

Wow! That's so nice to have such a good eater! Isn't it funny how you can still manage to do everything you need to on such little sleep! With any luck, she'll be sleeping through the night in about 4 weeks. I hope so!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

she is seriously so cute Steph! Congrats again! So how do you like mamahood so far?

Annie said...

Such a cutie! Don't worry you will be able to get some sleep again soon! (crosses fingers) We should get together sometime!