Tuesday, March 16

I'm sure there's more

Since it's been over a month since I've posted, I have a lot going on in my mind.

1. School
I have two classes left until I've completed my NINE year BS degree. Every time I sit down to do my work, I begin by reading everyone's blogs. I'd like to thank everyone for sufficiently distracting me from what I really need to be doing.

2. Friends
On blogs... Because I read everyone's blogs, I falsely feel like I'm part of your lives. I have good intentions to work on my friendships but when I go to bed, I realize I never sent those texts I meant to. A lot of my friends I only see on Sundays. The last time I went out with girls was when New Moon came out (and it's almost out on DVD). When I was running, my partner and I were able to talk all the time. Now we're busy and I haven't seen her. I miss being connected to someone. I haven't been someone's best friend since I was a freshman in college (see above for how long ago that was!) I want to be the person someone calls when having a bad day. I want to have the same in someone else (love you Mom, but you don't count). I still need to figure out how to do that.

3. Potty time
How in the world do you go about potty training?

4. Pictures of the Munchkin



6 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

Well I can't help you with the best friend thing because I am the worst person when it comes to making new friends and equally bad keeping them.
As far as potty time, plan a day when you can devote all time and attention to it...maybe a couple days. Put a potty on your kitchen, get lots of snacks and rewards, a few movies and sit her on it every 20-30 minutes until something goes in and then celebrate the heck out of it. We rewarded every time he peed or pooped for a couple weeks and especially during relapses. Good luck!

Julianne said...

Come visit me we are in the same boat. I love doing things with you Steph. give me a week or two and I'll be up to going to the zoo. We could always bead. Summer is coming and we can go swimming again, a good excuse to get together. Come see my new rascal.

Lori said...

1. I admire your determination to keep going. I probably would have quit.

2. Ditto - Feel like I'm in the same situation

3. I was drafting a post about this too - we just started. I think I'll steal advice from your blog.

4. You really have a super cute daughter. :-)

merathon said...

2. i don't have a friend like that either-- it's been a long time since i have, so i feel your pain, sista.

3. you're already worried about toilet training? patience, my dear! eliot's not even TWO yet! some children are ready that young, but most aren't. we started trying when kendall turned two and she WOULD NOT GO. a couple weeks after she turned three, it just clicked one day and she skipped the pull-up stage (those things ain't cheap!) and when straight to underwear, even at night! i would rather change diapers for an extra year than wash wet sheets or wash out poopy underwear! just my thoughts on the matter. (with berkeley, when she was 2 1/2, one day she just decided she wanted to use the toilet without us ever trying!)

4. that green dress on eliot is too cute.

Audrey said...

Wait a second, I thought we were bffs!!! Give me back my other half of that locket. Now, what am I supposed to do about that tattoo?

Chelsi Ritter said...

i'm with you on the friend thing. i always feel like i'm getting close, and then there's no reciprocation.
yeah so with the potty training thing, it freaks me out, and i have yet to begin doing it. aspen doesn't seem very interested, so that's my excuse, but she really hasn't even given it shot, so i guess i really can't use that as an excuse. sheesh.